Weekly Devotion April 22, 2024



This Devotion was written by Sportsmen Devotional and posted with permission


Bible Study Verse: Galatians 6:3 “For if any man thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.” 

Thoughts: Now that I am in the 70-something stage of my life, I have learned one thing for sure. Just when I have figured out a fishing technique or the best time and place to fish, I come to find out that I am not even close to having it figured out. No two days are exactly the same out in the field or in life period! Here’s a quote from a good friend of mine that says it all - “just when you think you IS – you ain’t!” Or, in my language - “just when you think you got it FIGURED OUT you probably got a lot more to learn.” 

Action Point: Keep trying to grow in your hobby, or your favorite outdoor adventures, and grow in your maturity level in life, including your walk with God. But remember to stay humble, because we are nothing apart from Him, and can’t achieve anything of lasting value without Him! 

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day: Most of us are creatures of habit. Don’t be afraid of mixing it up a bit – try new places to hunt or fish. Become a student of those places like the best time of day to visit, etc. But don’t be surprised if the next time you go, it is totally different – maybe worse or perhaps better!