Weekly Devotion September 9, 2024


This Devotion was written by Sportsmen Devotional and posted with permission

Bible Study Verse: Acts 13:22 “After removing Saul, He made David their king. He testified concerning him: I have found David, son of Jesse, a man after my own heart: he will do everything I want him to do.” NIV 

Thoughts: It was early morning in the cold, dark mountains of Wyoming. I was on my horse, trotting along down a secluded trail. I was on a mission. I had a specific place in mind to look for elk. As we walked, a beaver splashed in the water nearby, and the horse jumped 3 feet to his left. This particular horse was afraid of its own shadow in the dark. The thought made me smile. The above verse came to mind as I continued riding and contemplating life. 

Action Point: When you look at the life of David in Scripture, you’ll see that he was a man’s man. He was a hunter, warrior, and a respected leader, but he was unfaithful to his wife and had a man killed. Even still, every time he did something against God, he repented. God said David was a man after his own heart. As I was riding, this thought gave me hope and reassurance that God still loves me no matter how much I mess up. He forgave David of all his atrocities. He’ll do the same for us If we ask Him for help. No matter what we’ve done In life or what we are doing that we know to be wrong, God will forgive us. 

Sportsman’s Tip of the Day: When at a shooting range, don’t expect everyone to have the same expertise or knowledge of firearms as you do. Help them with positive, firm, corrective reinforcement. If they need it, show the person the correct safe way to handle a gun. Safety should be number one in all eyes.