Weekly Devotion July 20 2026
This
Devotion was written by Sportsmen Devotional and posted with permission
Bible Study Verse: Deuteronomy 30:19-20 “This day I call the heavens and the earth as witness against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” (NIV)
Thoughts: I remember thinking the good life was being a great hunter with trophies to show or having the latest rifle chambered in the best cartridge. After achieving these things, I see they don’t make my life any better. Are you wondering what the good life is? Do you feel that the promises of this world don’t last? Has anyone shared what the real good life is?
Action Point: In John 1:4 we read “In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.” Jesus also says of himself in John 5:24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. ”Psalm 63:1-3 “You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry parched land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
Sportsman Tip of the Day: When there is not much to hunt between seasons, search out the scripture and hunt for God.
