Weekly Devotion April 29, 2024


 


This Devotion was written by Sportsmen Devotional and posted with permission


Bible Study Verse: Daniel 2:21 He changes the times and seasons: he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. (NIV) 

Thoughts: As I looked out my blind window (or my office window as I like to call it) one more time for the year, I pondered on the blessings from the Lord. Muzzleloading deer season came to an end here in the Midwest about a week ago and I already miss it. However, I’m already transitioning to hard water fishing in my head and praying for some cold weather to freeze up my area lakes. I love ice fishing when I can get out, but sometimes in the state of Indiana ice is hard to come by. But as each season rolls around, I often think of the blessings in my life around outdoor sports and the different seasons I have experienced. 

Action Point: Us outdoor people, we always put a lot of time in and around our sports and the seasons which they fall. As I was closing up my deer hunting season this year with one last walk in the woods for a bit, I was reminded that God our Father actually controls everything. Our lives, our money, material possessions, our bodies, minds, talents, and even our hunting and fishing adventures. He controls it all and it reminded me that I don’t need to worry or fret about the next season that’s coming in my life. Whether it’s the next hunting season, or a season of poor health, or unemployment, or family drama…. HE’s in control and I have to trust Him just like Daniel did in our verse. He found himself in a strange kingdom, surrounded by enemies and he chose to put his trust in the Lord. Will you do that today? 

Sportsmen’s Tip of the Day: If you need a quick deer hunting blind, I recommend investing in a “pop-up” blind. They are light, easy to deploy, and make a huge difference. I wish they had them when we were kids!